- 20-Jan-2014 to 20-Apr-2014 (EST)
- NJ, USA
Costume Gallery is seeking a Sewing Operator that will be responsible for operating single, double,
multi-needle or other sewing machines to join sections of garments or other
articles into finished products on a production basis. Daily accuracy of work
is necessary for inventory control and accountability. Additional
responsibilities include housekeeping and adherence to health and safety
standards. Overtime is required of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Operate single, double, multi-needle or other sewing machines to join sections of garments or
other articles into finished products on a piece- work or production level
- Re-bundle completed garments and return to bundle distributor
- Reinforce seams, and attach buttons, hooks, zippers, and accessories to produce clothing
- Contributes so that daily production quotas are met
- Identify and maintain product and lot number integrity
- Maintain strict and precise attention to detail and quality
- May perform minor maintenance on sewing machine
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment that requires a degree of multi-tasking
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 6 months industrial sewing machine experience required or equivalent training.
- Must demonstrate good attendance and punctuality
- Working knowledge of industrial sewing machines
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision
- Basic knowledge of English language
- Able to sit for long period of time
- Ability to use hands and arms in a repetitive motive for the duration of the shift, including sitting and repeated bending, stretching, and twisting
- Lift up to 25lbs.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to dust, noise, feathers, and particles.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!